ringway - manchester aiport photos

mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
Manchester airport (UK) is only 10 minutes away from my house so decided to go down there one afternoon...

ba%20bandw.jpg

jumbo%20take%20off.jpg

dragon%20air%20cargo%20wing.jpg

more here

...ps) I'm not a plane spotter..... honestly! ;-)

Ohh nice. Last one's my favourite.

The first one's interesting how you chose that part to be coloured.
Good Work!!!

Meysha said:
Ohh nice. Last one's my favourite.

The first one's interesting how you chose that part to be coloured.
Good Work!!!

thanks :) - I just loved the colour of the BA plane's tail... so decided to play around a bit! :)

thanks for the comments guys!

airic - it was actually raining all around manchester - except the airport - very weird... my g/f was about 10 miles away and said she was getting drenched!

plasticspanner - there is an aviation viewing area which is right next to one of the run ways - its £3 to go in - but you can stay all day (should u want to!). They have concorde there too which on certain days I believe you can go on a guided tour. It's not bad actually - it is always busy at weekends. PEople take their kids who are clearly not interested in being there!! Other than shouting "Look mummy there's a really big one taking off" then crying when it's too noisy.... wonderful!

I'm about 15 miles away & keep meaning to pop up for a few snaps (but never get the time!)

Is there only the 1 viewing area? Everytime I've been past the one I know of it's been shut & the gate locked!

What size lens were you using to get those shots?

there's only the one official viewing area - but there are loads of places to stand there. I was using my 17-85mm lens at full res - so some of the pics are cropped at a higher zoom. The planes are so darn close though - you can get some cracking photos with a bigger lens. There was a guy there with a 500mm lens - very impressive!

every time i look at pictures like these, i cant help but wonder how the hell those things get off the ground!

i think the last one is my fave here

JohnMF said:
every time i look at pictures like these, i cant help but wonder how the hell those things get off the ground!
it is rather amazing - when you're this close to them also - the noise is tremendous - especially when the 747's take off (or land!) - the last photo is a cargo plane and it was MASSIVE! that taking off was brilliant!

Nice shots.. I like the way the first one is coloured, but the last is my fave. Good job

Most reactions

Back