What's new

Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New aquarium in Toronto, very interesting and a challenge to shoot at

1.Crowded
2.Shooting subject that are behind glass, water and mostly moving
3.Bad lighting condition

So excuse me if pictures are not 100% sharp, out of 600 pictures I kept about 80

All pictures were shot with my Nikon 50mm 1.4D
Most shot at F1.4, I had to shoot wide open because I had to have fast shutter speed.
As you know these lenses are at their best F2.8 and up so that was another factor that worked against me.

AE1_5651_zpsc324d903.jpg


AE1_5881_zpsa8b18201.jpg


AE1_5918_zps7dc80cff.jpg


AE1_5983_zps4b8d268b.jpg


AE1_6007_zpsb7fd3208.jpg


AE1_6018_zps9ce1304e.jpg


AE1_6048_zps786e141e.jpg


AE1_6102_zpsb1c2bc05.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ah, nothing from the kelp tank ?

I found that there are some annoying exit signs and other lights reflecting too much.
 
I love the jellyfish!

Aquariums are very difficult. I went to one last summer and the darkness, scratched and finger-printed glass, darting fish, and kids running all over the place made it uniquely challenging.
 
I love the jellyfish!

Aquariums are very difficult. I went to one last summer and the darkness, scratched and finger-printed glass, darting fish, and kids running all over the place made it uniquely challenging.
I see you understand then how hard it is to get a very good sharp picture in an aquarium.
Still these aquariums give us a chance to get close and (almost) personal with creatures that otherwise would be far away from us.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom