Riverwalk Path

Geoaskier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LATERZ.jpg

Last edited:
I like this shot. It's a wonder no one's commenting on it. Very pleasant viewing, and just ripe for wall mounting... which I would do if it was mine.

Thank you both!!.....I love night photography....Love to take it and love viewing others night shots.....gives a challenge and different eye.....it's interesting to see everyone's version of the night.

I like it but might darken it just a hair

Watch your framing. You cut off the side of the bench.

What's your subject? The bench would have been a perfect subject and would have added interest to this photo.

The flare from the street light looks bad, IMO. Was your lens dirty or scratched? The ripples coming out from the light suggest that.

I find the street light to be very distracting. A darker exposure would have helped that and added an element of mystery/intrigue to the scene.

Oooookay then....thank you for your input....might as well trash it I guess.

Haha.

@molsen
For me the path is the subject. The composition is set up so that the viewer's eye is lead through the entire composition. There is enough variety and visual interest to hold my attention. Great colour palette established with this shot. The overall harmony with colour and texture works really well. The bench establishes a starting point for the viewer and the leading lines take you directly into the path that lead to the rhythm of the lights.

back @Geoaskier
With all that said, my only niggle is that a horizontal crop might be tried as there seems to be wasted space above and below. It's not terrible, and might not look good cropped horizontally as the vertical supports the the lines of the trees and lamp posts.

lol just giving you some constructive criticism to help you take better photos. You did post in a feedback/critique forum afterall. I'm not hear to pat everyone on the head and say "OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!" I'm here to give honest feedback. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen ;)

Last edited:
I agree with Molsen on the framing. I personally like the comp of the shot. I don't think there is any problem with what or where to look. The light flare is a little distracting, but I don't think it ruins the shot. Nice job.

lol just giving you some constructive criticism to help you take better photos. You did post in a feedback/critique forum afterall. I'm not hear to pat everyone on the head and say "OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!" I'm here to give honest feedback. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen ;)

I critiqued you in the same manner as you did me...(except I added a couple of positive notes)....yet you called my critique of your photos negative....now what was it you say about heat in the kitchen?????
lol your critique was to "get even" at me after I critiqued this one photo, and don't pretend like it isn't. Those photos of mine were posted over a year and a half ago. Your went waayyy back through my post history to seek out something you could add negative comments to. Pretty immature :lol:

FWIW, I think most of the other photos on your site are pretty good.

Don't get discouraged by not always positive critique. Its meant to help improve but take everything with a grain of salt.

I get a lot of comments that I don't exactly 'like' and a lot of times the people don't realize the other not-so-obvious issues that played into the picture and may have effected why you didn't get the 'best' shot but usually what they say can be used to help improve.

And also, remember, not everyone has to like it. If you are happy with it...then be happy with it regardless of what others say.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back