Road Closed

misskitty5077

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot in RAW + JPEG (B/W set in paramaters for JPEG--only thing I set in the camera). This is the JPEG straight off the card, other than photobucket's cropping, nothing has been done to this image. I try to get what I want straight from the camera with very little work after the click.

Rebel XT
50mm 1.8
f/10
1/50
ISO 200

I don't like this, and I don't know why. Suggestions to improve the shot? I am going back to reshoot with B/W film.

IMG_1474.jpg

Thanks!

Personally, I don't like the sign & road cones central like they are. I think I would take the shot slightly to the left, capturing the pathway & street lamp. That way more of the girders on the right side of the bridge would be in view.
Maybe cropping some of the road and sky out would improve it, too?

IMO, there is no object of interest. Nothing in the picture, either by treatment or composition, is more important than anything else. Since the sky is so light, the details and tones of all the rest are clustered in the lower range and are not exciting to the eye.

IMO, there is no object of interest. Nothing in the picture, either by treatment or composition, is more important than anything else. Since the sky is so light, the details and tones of all the rest are clustered in the lower range and are not exciting to the eye.

Ah...I think you just nailed my problem. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back