Rocks at Green River Viewpoint of Canyonlands National Park

BJF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
main.php

Cool! I was just in that area this past week. Drove through it on my way down to AZ from Denver. Did you get a chance to stop at Arches Nat'l Park?

Well, it's a nice photo and it would work fine for a textbook illustration, but you could do or have done a couple of things differently. First is, that it has a bad case of "dead-center-itis," both vertically and horizontally. That makes it very static. Second is that there is no help for the eye in rendering scale; the sagebrush (etc.) in the foreground is too abstract to help the eye. If one could have stuck a human in the picture, or a car, etc., it would give the eye a sense of scale. Tough to do, that far away, though.

Cool! I was just in that area this past week. Drove through it on my way down to AZ from Denver. Did you get a chance to stop at Arches Nat'l Park?

Thanks for your comment. Yes I went to the Arches also. Shall share the photos later. ;-)

Well, it's a nice photo and it would work fine for a textbook illustration, but you could do or have done a couple of things differently. First is, that it has a bad case of "dead-center-itis," both vertically and horizontally. That makes it very static. Second is that there is no help for the eye in rendering scale; the sagebrush (etc.) in the foreground is too abstract to help the eye. If one could have stuck a human in the picture, or a car, etc., it would give the eye a sense of scale. Tough to do, that far away, though.

Thanks for your comments. It's very helpful. Yes, to leave people in the scene may give the sense of scale. I often wait for the moment that all people be out of the scene. ;-)

Most reactions

Back