What's new

Rocks on the Kinneret - Dark and Moody for C&C.

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
1,398
Reaction score
159
Location
Boca Raton, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Here is 1 photo for C&C.
Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • $Looking South on the shore of the Kinneret - Sunset - Dark Sepia.webp
    $Looking South on the shore of the Kinneret - Sunset - Dark Sepia.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 128
It looks good, I would say very good.
 
Not a big fan of landscape, but this works. I might knock the brightness of the cloud down a notch, but that's just my taste.

How did you get the tone you label "dark sepia" - it's very subtle and doesn't seem to extend into the whites. I've been trying different methods for this and haven't settled on one. My latest is using a photo filter adjustment layer with a custom color choice (usually very light red-orange) and painting on the layer mask to block the effect in the very high highlights or anywhere else I don't want it.
 
Not a big fan of landscape, but this works. I might knock the brightness of the cloud down a notch, but that's just my taste.

How did you get the tone you label "dark sepia" - it's very subtle and doesn't seem to extend into the whites. I've been trying different methods for this and haven't settled on one. My latest is using a photo filter adjustment layer with a custom color choice (usually very light red-orange) and painting on the layer mask to block the effect in the very high highlights or anywhere else I don't want it.

Hi Ken. Thanks!!:thumbup:

I admit, I cheated. I use nik silver effect software, and love it. They have quite a few set models, but I usually find they need anywhere from minor to major tweaking. But it's quick and easy to use.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom