Rocky Mountain Meet-up - July 2007

Bear!!! RUNNNNNN!

Are you crazy?

Okay, I'm a girl and all. But, you guys are NUCKIN FUTS!

Can I say that?

Bear!!! RUNNNNNN!

Are you crazy?

Okay, I'm a girl and all. But, you guys are NUCKIN FUTS!

Can I say that?
Actually, that was a rather small bear. That doesn't mean that it's not dangerous...just not as scary as a large bear.
Also, sad as it was, there were probably 100 or more tourists along side of the road where the bear was....most of them out of their cars and trying to get closer for a 'great shot' with their little digi-cams. Seeing the wildlife is great, but I don't like it when tourists go crazy when they see something. To be honest, we were no better...but at least we had good camera gear ;)

Hello there Hawkeye, and welcome to the forum.
Well start saving up the pennies, cos were going to this gig again next year.:thumbup:

I've probably got the dough... If its going to be done again, maybe a new thread should be started in advance (like LaFoto has done for her meetup), that way some new people that are serious about exploring the possibility (me :) ) of going. Month, ideas for itineraries, where we will be, how long the trip is, how much can we expect to spend etc etc etc.

This thread is more than enough inspiration for a little road trip this summer to one of the places my parents always took me camping when I was young.

Absolutely breathtaking. The colors are amazing and really do "pop". Hats off to you wonderful TPF photographers out there! I wonder if it takes post-processing to bump up saturation/ curves etc to achieve these crisp details or just mainly good lens and skills?

I wonder if it takes post-processing to bump up saturation/ curves etc to achieve these crisp details or just mainly good lens and skills?
Good quality gear does help, but good technique goes a long way. I used a tripod as much as I could and used a monopod as well.
Processing is certainly a part of the process and there are a few bumps and tweaks...but with such great subjects...there wasn't a lot of editing needed.

I've probably got the dough... If its going to be done again, maybe a new thread should be started in advance (like LaFoto has done for her meetup), that way some new people that are serious about exploring the possibility (me ) of going. Month, ideas for itineraries, where we will be, how long the trip is, how much can we expect to spend etc etc etc.
I would suggest getting in contact with Roy (CyberSurfer)...he is the one who really made this trip happen and made it such a success. He said that a trip in the late spring would be better than in the summer. I don't think he comes around to this site, very often, but you should be able to get in touch with him, via his web site.

Just thought I'd bump this thread. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back