Rollei TLR leather case alternative?

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy Folks!!!
I'm trying to find an alternative bag/case for my Rolleiflex. Something not so cumbersome when photo-ing. The leather case gets in my way and it's not in any shape to go where I want to go shooting. Not to mention it's a painful and lengthy process to change rolls or even attach it to a tripod while it's dressed. I've been thinking of a bag for digitals or maybe a lens slip bag (the camera will slip into a shoulder bag for travel) but I'm not sure. I know, I know- it's a bit excessive but I use chuncky cameras for a clumsy reason. The size needs to be 7in x 3in x 4in maybe a little bigger for the strap.

I live where the only practical hands on is at Walmart- none of those fit... too small, so I have to guesstimate. Any suggestions?

mygrain said:
it's a painful and lengthy process to change rolls or even attach it to a tripod while it's dressed

No kidding. I spent months searching Ebay for an affordable leather case for my Rollei, and then since it's such a pain to change film I've never used it.

I just use a old camera bag designed for a 35mm SLR system. It has a central compartment that is big enough for the camera, a flash, my light meter, and a small DIY flash bracket/handle, and two outside pockets for film, filters, cable release, lens hood, etc...

You might be able to fashion something out of neoprene and velcro that would protect the camera when packed in another bag.

Thanks Matt. Doing it myself never ever crossed my mind. lol. D'oh! This is why I like this forum so much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back