What's new

Rolleiflex help buying

charte

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 2, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know very little about TLR cameras. I work at a camera store and a co-worker knew I was looking to buy medium format. Long story short our boss purchased one and he is trying to sell it to me for $150.

The black leather is very worn down, peeling at some corners and brown in places due to regular use. The shutter sticks, and the lenses are dirty (I can clean them, he would be selling it to me dirty. The inside of the camera is dirty as well.)

I did a small amount of research and I believe the camera is the Rolleiflex Automat 6x6 - Model K4A. The serial is 1223819. If this is the correct model, it would be from the early 1950s.

I can post pictures at a later time. Any advice or information would be very helpful!
 
I know very little about TLR cameras. I work at a camera store and a co-worker knew I was looking to buy medium format. Long story short our boss purchased one and he is trying to sell it to me for $150.

The black leather is very worn down, peeling at some corners and brown in places due to regular use. The shutter sticks, and the lenses are dirty (I can clean them, he would be selling it to me dirty. The inside of the camera is dirty as well.)

I did a small amount of research and I believe the camera is the Rolleiflex Automat 6x6 - Model K4A. The serial is 1223819. If this is the correct model, it would be from the early 1950s.

I can post pictures at a later time. Any advice or information would be very helpful!

Well, if shutter sticks and lenses are dirty you might as well as look for another one on eBay. A CLA (Clean, Lube and Adjust) would take around $75-100, for $225-250 you can get a clean Rollei on eBay. The 'leather' can be replaced but with the camera as dirty as you describe it, I'd pass.

Hope this helps.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom