rolling your own film?

'30 meter (400') rolls' - 30 m is about 100 ft.
But he is right that 35mm movie stock comes in 400' rolls, about 121.9 m. or 1000'.

Huh? Neither was I. I'm not even local at all. Just moved here a couple years ago.

Huh? Neither was I. I'm not even local at all. Just moved here a couple years ago.
Just joking, I consider Montana the last sanctuary of film photography.

OH! LOL. No. I stopped shooting film, extremely reluctantly, about five years ago. Just got to be cost prohibitive.

I've always primarily shot color, though - and I've never had much of an interest in the darkroom, so I'd need to get a scanner, and I'm not going to go cheap on that.

Also, if i shoot film, I'd also not mess with 35mm. I have ZERO interest in 35mm anymore.

OH! LOL. No. I stopped shooting film, extremely reluctantly, about five years ago. Just got to be cost prohibitive.
In professional sens for shure, for me as an amateur, where the final product is high quality FB print, not so much. And there is also "fun factor".

A quick check of ebay shows a number of bulk loaders for under $20. The main thing you need to do is keep the felt guides in the cartridges clean. Otherwise you'll get scratches on the film when you load it. A can of compressed air works well to blow them out. Then put the loaded film cartridges into the used (but clean) film canisters or plastic bags.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back