Romance

There isn't much that i wouldn't have said myself as far as romance goes, but i agree alot to what PG has said. Thats probably the closest similarities with me i've read :)
I'm all for romance, but its enough to just know that person is there for you and cares about you, too :)

MDowdey said:
dang miti!!!!!!! you are an awesome fella!!!!!

what about(i think his name is) vengalis? or vangalis? ever heard of that composer?

He he... I'm here to please.:lol:

I think you're thinking of Vangelis, the guy that wrote the music for Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner. Yeah, the guy is a great composer dude.

thats the guy!!!!!! i thought he was older!!! with a name like that! cool...blade runner..

/geekout

in my opinion, romance is watching the stars together, romance is where you never want that one moment to end, you want it to go on forever, together, romance is love.

"love is the most beautiful sadness in the world" - forgot where i found that quote! tsk

I think everybody's different when it comes to relationships and romance.

My wife isn't romantic as such but she still has a "crush" on me after nearly 12 years! She's not much into holding hands and spontanious cuddles but she still likes kisses goodbye in the mornings & everyday stuff like that.

I'm quite old fashioned but still leave her little notes & stuff now and again. She loves it when I make her stuff at work because she knows it's just for her and unique.

We don't see that much of each other since she works full time in Health and Safety and I run my own joinery business and at weekends she likes to spend time with her mum shopping, gardening and visiting & such whilst I'm either working, RC racing, rallying (or spectating), at my mates studying astronomy or out with my camera. But this works for us and we're both very happy being together & still able to do our own thing too.

We do spend more time together now little Noah James has arrived and often all lye together on a duvet in the lounge in the evening with baby books after he's been fed and is on his "wind down".

AWWWWWWWWWWWW sweet! :)

Okay, so here is my most romantic moment, well, actually it's probably right behind the fact that Aubrey drove 21 hours straight to get here when he moved.

So, I'm away on business in MN and it's been hard to be away from Aubrey and the boys. Tonight, after a long day at work I get back to the hotel and have a message that there is a gift basket that needed to be refigerated. They brought it to my room and on a tray was a basket of fruit (complete with peanut butter because I like that on my apples), a veggie tray with dip, a package of Gardettos snack mix and a bag of microwave popcorn and this note:

Alison,
I figured out some things that you ask for when you are here. Now that you are so far away it's not so easy to get them for you. So, I got the hotel to take care of it for me because they are lucky enough to be close to you like I only wish I could be.
Love,
Aubrey

So, after I stopped crying like a hormonal pregnant woman I decided to type this message because it means so much to me. The fact that he called around trying to find the perfect thing to send and ended up sweet talking the hotel staff to make up a custom gift for me is beyond words. And what means even more is that this is the kind of thing he does for me when I'm right there at home too. I'll come home from work and he'll make dinner and take care of the boys if I need to rest. So honey, thank you (and the baby kicked while I was eating the grapes so she thanks you as well).

Aubrey...I'm in the process of buying Erik a plane ticket...he's gonna come take some lessons from you for a few days, k? ;)

core_17 said:
Aubrey...I'm in the process of buying Erik a plane ticket...he's gonna come take some lessons from you for a few days, k? ;)

Have his people call my people...and we'll do lunch. :D

I don't feel like I do enough for her to show her how I feel. I just try to give her a glimpse from time to time. :D

lol Aubs you are gona get a lot of guys in trouble thats for sure..but that was awesome...you rock...

Makes me wonder, if I'm here alone in the hotel and he's there taking care of the kids and dogs on his own wouldn't HE deserve something and not me? Of course I'm not complaining *reaches for fruit basket for a strawberry*

(and the baby kicked while I was eating the grapes so she thanks you as well).
Am I the only one who keeps noticing all Alison's references to this baby as a "she"? :goodvibe:

What's up with that? ;)

hobbes28 said:
We just say she because we can hear a heartbeat so it doesn't feel right to say "it". :D
hmmm....we'll see ;) Alison and I have discussed this mother's instinct thingy before :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back