Romantic experiments..

Peter_pan91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i was out in the garden this afternoon....

DSCN3494_5_6_7_8copycopycopy.jpg
RosaRossa.jpg

What do you think? C&C welcome (duh...:p)

Edit:mmm it's not sharp at all here on the web:meh: (why??)...anyway, the rose should be way sharper :x

Edit 2: nevermind, i put the full size image

Love the feeling....love the soft focus (intentional or not)...but it seems a bit underexposed/flat to me. :-/

A little underexposed, but it is still very nice.

I got bored while waiting for dinner. Just a quick crop and color adjustments. I added a Warm filter to it as well. I liked the feel it gave. I'm not sure I'm positive about the crop. I wish the photo was just a hair taller so that the center of the rose was practically dead center, but I'll live.

peterpan91rosepk9.jpg

I like the velvety texture! It's not very often you see that in a photo of a rose.

Thank you all very much...the cropped version is really nice (more for the color than the crop but whatever, nice job ). More C&C are always welcome!

Peter

Edit: I repeat that the foto should be much much sharper (the rose obviously ) , but i can't get it like that on the web.....oh and keep in mind i am using a P&S (it's a very nice one but it's always a PandS:( )

its' beautiful. almost like a painting it seems.

ok so here is full size image: i know it's huge but at least it's sharp..

RosaRossa.jpg

I like the real picture...but did you blur it in photoshop? I mean, around the left of the rose, the blur between the background and rose looks a little funny, like you traced around with a blur tool or something.

The real picture's dark colors look more 'romantic' than the edited one's brighter colors. I like the edit, but I think the original pic had a more romantic feel.

I like the real picture...but did you blur it in photoshop? I mean, around the left of the rose, the blur between the background and rose looks a little funny, like you traced around with a blur tool or something.

The real picture's dark colors look more 'romantic' than the edited one's brighter colors. I like the edit, but I think the original pic had a more romantic feel.

Aaaah yes, i am a terrible editer, but whatever...i blurred around the rose, added some spherized distortion and some vignetting( to wich a have become strangely addicted:meh:, i don't know, it just seems to give more feel to every picture)

I just removed what I think are the distracting yellow areas. Maybe I'm thinking commercially and enjoying a lot of blank space to put text on it (I just did a website for a florist) but I think it's a great photo now. I can't get over that velvet. Also I have to confess that I think the under exposure does it justice - not a loud and "here I am" - but more subtle and seductive. If it has to be brightened I'd go 1/3 1/2 stop up. (of course everyone is seeing something different on each monitor)

rosarossa.jpg

I just removed what I think are the distracting yellow areas. Maybe I'm thinking commercially and enjoying a lot of blank space to put text on it (I just did a website for a florist) but I think it's a great photo now. I can't get over that velvet. Also I have to confess that I think the under exposure does it justice - not a loud and "here I am" - but more subtle and seductive. If it has to be brightened I'd go 1/3 1/2 stop up. (of course everyone is seeing something different on each monitor)

rosarossa.jpg

awsome thanks a lot everyone...keep it coming:p

I am interested to know what types of filtering/editing you did to get it to look like that.

...unless of course its a secret family recipe :)

Most reactions

Back