Romantic Ride

urahara

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A photo I took a couple of years ago of a beautiful moment with a young couple.
I was drinking my morning coffee with the camera rested on the table when I heared the radio (X-Bass on his side) playing Italic romantic songs. I lifted my eyes to see where this music was coming from so early in the morning and I saw them on the bicycle. I loved the scene, so I quickly picked my camera and clicked when they were passing near me.

The woman feels so full of happiness and joy relaxing in her lover's arms and the man so proud that he offers this "cruise" to his woman

Romantic Ride by JC Kars, on Flickr

Unfortunatelly I wasn't fast enough to not crop a bit of the bicycle.. but the feeling, the moment of those two I think I have it.

If you'd got the front wheel, got rid of the plastic basket on the back.. and a couple of model releases this would be a money shot! :)

It's a shot to enjoy and to cause smiles.

That is lovely! :)

Thank you both for your comments.

Granddad, at times I am thinking I should try with PS to "restore" the front wheel, but I haven't so far since I don't believe I can "make it right". Maybe in the future with better PP abilities I'll give it a try since it is the thing it bothers me too.

I actually don't mind the basket on the back. I feel that it adds to the picture giving some additional characteristics to the couple, specially the man. That he is actually not a rich guy, with a fancy bicycle and can't afford much, but nonetheless he gives his best with what he's got to make his woman happy.
The bicycle with a basket behind shows that this bicycle is not used for entertainment or sports but as the vehicle someone does his job and his means of transportation in general. So, the basket gives a context and helps understand the protagonists here.

Regarding model releases... well I wished.. this is a typical street photo and I haven't seen them again.
Likely I'll never meet them again also.

Thank you both for your comments.

Granddad, at times I am thinking I should try with PS to "restore" the front wheel, but I haven't so far since I don't believe I can "make it right". Maybe in the future with better PP abilities I'll give it a try since it is the thing it bothers me too.

I actually don't mind the basket on the back. I feel that it adds to the picture giving some additional characteristics to the couple, specially the man. That he is actually not a rich guy, with a fancy bicycle and can't afford much, but nonetheless he gives his best with what he's got to make his woman happy.
The bicycle with a basket behind shows that this bicycle is not used for entertainment or sports but as the vehicle someone does his job and his means of transportation in general. So, the basket gives a context and helps understand the protagonists here.

Regarding model releases... well I wished.. this is a typical street photo and I haven't seen them again.
Likely I'll never meet them again also.

I don't have the PS skills to fix the front wheel, either ... and if you fixed the wheel you have to get the cobbles and the shadow right, too.

The basket on the back, hmmmm... I see what you're saying about that and I do believe you're right. Now I look again I think it's the rather ugly counter(?) of the coca-cola stall behind that's detracting more than the basket. I'm not criticising your shot by saying that, just engaging a a bit of wistful "what if". No matter what the issues are, it's a lovely shot and one to be proud of.

On the model releases, you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery. LOL!

Keep up the good work, I'm almost tempted to try some street photography myself. ;)

I did an attempt to PS the wheel and shadow... :) NOT good at all...
if in the future I have time to play again I'll revisit.

Don't worry.. I love critisism.. it is always educational to see an other's POV, and opinions here I respect. The Coca Cola sign... yes you are right.. It does bother me a little as well. I'll re-edit the photo on the next oportunity to remove it (that is easy :) )

Most reactions

Back