Roots

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I couldn't decide whether to post this shot in black & white or as a silvertone image - so I went for full colour! Beech roots, struggling for grip and nourishment, on a hillside with shallow soil in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Beech-roots-1.jpg

danir

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very nice.
Weren't you afraid they'll grip you for nourishment?
Dani

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Weren't you afraid they'll grip you for nourishment?

Teehee :lol: Dani, that is one good question!

Again here is a Tony-photo in which the quality of the composition is ever so much better than in the one that I took of late, of also a beech tree, similarly clinging to an area of sloping land... I would now no longer dare to show mine after I have seen THIS.

And what a choice: you did not know whether to go black&white or silverone (what does a silvertone image look like!?), so you went full colour!?! ;) Good choice, with a sky like that. But would you let me see a silvertone image?

OP
T

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Dani & Corinna. I couldn't make my mind up with this one. So, as they say on a well-known children's TV programme in the UK, "Here's one I prepared earlier!". Well two actually - the silvertone first, then the B&W. The difference between the two is subtle!!

Regards, Tony

Silvertone
Beech-roots-silver.jpg

Black & white (highish contrast)
Beech-roots.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well. VERY subtle.
Is the "silvertone" a tiny wee bit "bluer" than the normal black&white which seems to be warmer in comparison, more "red"? (If you can say so about b&w photos at all!?!?!)

Most reactions

New Topics