Roping

HrsePor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm slowly learning photography. I have a few books and have gone to a few photography classes. I really enjoy it and love learning new things.

I do have a couple questions though. I went to a reining show yesterday and tried to take some pictures. Before going I did a search on google and also found a thread on this forum about shooting action in low lighting. From my understanding you need a high iso, good glass and the exposure to be perfect for a good picture. Is that correct?

I tried some pictures yesterday. I put my camera on 800 and setting AV and changed it to 5.0. I didn't put it on 1600 because the other time I did it was horribly grainy. Some turned out ok. Although I would apperciate any sugestions.

I also went to a roping afterward. I had forgot at first to change the iso. So a few pictures were a little grainy. I also changed the white balance and exposure value down 1/3 because it was so bright. Was that the right thing to do? Thank you for looking.

Reining
ropin137.jpg

ropin184.jpg

ropin273.jpg

Roping
ropin073.jpg

ropin085.jpg

The last two shots are very nice.

If you find that the light was too bright and you had to dial down the EV a third....instead of doing that. Bump your shutter speed up. The faster shutter speed will get rid of alot of that motion blur that is evident in the first three photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back