What's new

Rose Quartz, Desert Willow & Rice Grass

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
10,417
Reaction score
9
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kelso Dunes, Mojave National Preserve

1- The dunes
792-e2357.jpg


2- ridge detail
780-e2381.jpg


3- decaying vegetation
780-e2379.jpg


4- rice grass
780-e2371.jpg


5- desert willow
792-e2402-v2.jpg
 
Amazing photos. Love the second and last one. They seem so secluded and that adds lot to the atmosphere.
 
These are all very good, excellent use of lines and shapes, my fav's are #s 4 & 3; personally I would crop some of them a little differently
 
Very interesting set.

My favourite would be photo #2. The separation between the two sides is unbelievably well-defined. When you squint your eyes just a bit and look at this image, it seems as if two different pieces of fabric were hand-sewn together. Very cool semi-abstract ;)

Number one I like quite a bit too. The pitch-black shadow makes the photo different.
 
I would say impressive set.....I like the detail on the photographs.
 
I like 2 & 3 ...nice to see something people normally don't notice. However the whole set is very interesting.
 
Amazing photos. Love the second and last one. They seem so secluded and that adds lot to the atmosphere.

Thanks- these are reasonably secluded due to the fact that they are about 100 miles from any decent-sized city.

Very interesting set.

My favourite would be photo #2. The separation between the two sides is unbelievably well-defined. When you squint your eyes just a bit and look at this image, it seems as if two different pieces of fabric were hand-sewn together. Very cool semi-abstract ;)

Number one I like quite a bit too. The pitch-black shadow makes the photo different.

I went out on a weekday a day or two after a rain pelted the dunes. It gave such a cool definition/texture to the ridgeline.

I would say impressive set.....I like the detail on the photographs.

Thanks.

I like 2 & 3 ...nice to see something people normally don't notice. However the whole set is very interesting.

Thank you.

These are all very good, excellent use of lines and shapes, my fav's are #s 4 & 3; personally I would crop some of them a little differently

Thanks Jeff. I know what you mean. These were taken in September, 2005. I'm hoping my composition has improved since then. I tried cropping them, but couldn't come up with anything I liked that didn't hack off so much. At that time I was still more about shooting documentation shots.
 
I really like #3 and 5! Great stuff as always! Did you place the vegetation in the sand or stumble on it like you shot?
 
I really like #3 and 5! Great stuff as always! Did you place the vegetation in the sand or stumble on it like you shot?

Thanks. The vegetation was natural. The sand is very easily disturbed and any placement, rearranging etc. would be obvious. I was very careful that morning to plan my approaches to potential shots well before walking up to anything. The dunes were absolutely pure and free from any sign of humans.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom