Rosie's Window

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
500-window-2246.jpg

i like the idea....

i don't think i like the windows slanted though..... straigtening the window would be more beneficial than keeping the mountains straight, imo.

yeah, try it straight... i love the silhouetting

Yeah, I agree with making the window straight too.

Hm. I've taken a look at the shot rotated 2 degrees ccw. Wow, just loses it for me. Possibly that's where sentimentality gets in the way of technique?

Maybe when I first downloaded the shot (it's a few years old) I should have straightened it out and it could have made a more -acceptable- presentation, but the slant didn't bug me then either.

Now I'm trying to figure out why I don't care for the shot squared up. The only thing I can think of is, that squared, the moment is taken away from me and placed out of context. Context being that while me and two others were given a private, somewhat unauthorized tour of the old hotel, we had to be quick. I noticed the view and lace as I turned to leave the room. I only had a second or so to line up the shot and snap. I remember lifting up on my toes to try to block out as much of the road as I could. Honestly, by my standards, the road and the picnic table detract more from the shot for me.

So I guess it's a snapshot of a window takenly hastily while walking by. The tilt reminds me of the second I shot it and how I had to hurry. Since then I've taken countless photos through windows and had them nice, straight and mostly from a tripod. But when I think of my -through-the-window- shots, this is the one that comes to mind first- The one that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I do appreciate them and think if I weren't so attached to the shot I'd probably act accordingly.

Reason #875,948,954 why I'll probably not be famous after I'm dead. :)

It's still a really good shot. I forgot to mention that. :)

Reason #875,948,954 why I'll probably not be famous after I'm dead. :)

They'd probably say the tilt was some commentary on your life at that point or something.

It's still a really good shot. I forgot to mention that. :)

They'd probably say the tilt was some commentary on your life at that point or something.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back