Rotation

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Luminar 4 allows you to drop lightning into your photos. Thought I'd try it out on a shoot from earlier this year. April 28, 2020, East of Pawhuska, Osage County, Oklahoma. What do you think?

MKZ_1723_DxO.2.jpg

I think Luminar is amazing. I’ve been playing with their sky thing lately and just find it amazing. I could never post a Luminar photo on here without a disclaimer, though. I have similar feelings about HDR even though I still use it.

My 7 day trial ran out a week ago and I'm severely tempted to get the full version. It might push me out to do more landscapes. It's a brilliant looking piece of software.

Its a very dramatic looking photograph and well processed.

Im on a trial of luminar also and I find it kind of gimmicky, Ive been trialing a few of the LR alternates and for some reason I feel at arms length from the process with all the AI. I use affinity photo and find it great it would be good if they had a lr alternate too. BTW I think Adobe are a bunch of money grabbing bees.

I think Luminar is amazing. I’ve been playing with their sky thing lately and just find it amazing. I could never post a Luminar photo on here without a disclaimer, though. I have similar feelings about HDR even though I still use it.
Yeah, I posted the no-lightning version on Flickr. I’ve been pretty amazed by the results.

A9FD3D0C-A3AA-4451-A3E3-0BF249E85032.jpeg

Here’s one where I used Luminar to swap out a boring sky.

Stop finding things for me to spend money on!!!!! Lol. Great photo. Looks like a really fun tool and you’ve explained the absolute flood of really cool lightning photos I’ve been seeing on Instagram lately. I was tempted to go out in the last storm even though I know someone who was killed by lightning when we were teenagers (walking his dog) and have always run for cover as soon as I hear that first thunder clap. Digital lightning that looks that good is a much better option.

I honestly hadn't heard of Luminar until I read this thread this morning. I tried it for a few minutes, found a discount code, and just bought it, badda bing. I figured I would have spent more on a couple of movies-with-popcorn over the past few months.

I wonder if there ought to be a dedicated thread in the "photo themes" section where people could post their experiments using this product, maybe "before and after."

I honestly hadn't heard of Luminar until I read this thread this morning. I tried it for a few minutes, found a discount code, and just bought it, badda bing. I figured I would have spent more on a couple of movies-with-popcorn over the past few months.

I wonder if there ought to be a dedicated thread in the "photo themes" section where people could post their experiments using this product, maybe "before and after."

Please start a thread. Would be great for people who are considering it and fun to see the before and after!

Themes forum is a fit I think. Better than the software products forum if you’re going to be posting a lot of photos IMO. If it turns out not to be the right place one of the other mods will move it.

I bought Luminar for the great skin touch-up in case I ever decide to do portraits, lol. Looks very real to my eyes, Peeb.

Please start a thread. Would be great for people who are considering it and fun to see the before and after!

Themes forum is a fit I think. Better than the software products forum if you’re going to be posting a lot of photos IMO. If it turns out not to be the right place one of the other mods will move it.
I've opened a thread, here's the link - Luminar 4 manipulations

Most reactions

New Topics

Back