"Rough"-- Comments and Critiques please!!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In response to the word "rough."

On a side note, it won photo of the week for my photography class.

Thanks in advance!

Rough.jpg

I like the concept but I would have cropped it tighter. I would prefer the ball to command a bit more attention. Just my preference.

I like the concept but I would have cropped it tighter. I would prefer the ball to command a bit more attention. Just my preference.

My intent was to have the grass sort of "looming" over the ball. The ball to be buried in the rough. Thats why it wasnt closer. I tried closer and it didnt really work out too well.

My intent was to have the grass sort of "looming" over the ball. The ball to be buried in the rough. Thats why it wasnt closer. I tried closer and it didnt really work out too well.

Perhapse a landscape orientation would have kept both subjects in interest. Good shot... but not for the golfer,lol

Nice shot.

Did you notice the shadows form a "S" over the whole image?
Jahseeit?

Oh, and I told you so. ;)

I like it. I agree ideally it would have looked better with a tight crop, but I can see by the way the grass is at the top of the frame, that this probably wouldn't have been ideal like you said. Overall pretty decent though IMO.

I like it but it has 2 things wrong with it and both are the name of the golf ball. #1 it dates the photo. It will never be the ageless photo as a result. #2 If you were to try and sell the photo you may infringe upon a copyright and be told by the golf ball maker to cease. And it seriously limits the potential buyer pool. After all who wants to advertise for a competitor when looking for a "rough" photo.

I like it but it has 2 things wrong with it and both are the name of the golf ball. #1 it dates the photo. It will never be the ageless photo as a result. #2 If you were to try and sell the photo you may infringe upon a copyright and be told by the golf ball maker to cease. And it seriously limits the potential buyer pool. After all who wants to advertise for a competitor when looking for a "rough" photo.

Good points. Doesn't make it less of a picture, but from a professional standpoint, I am mad I didn't realize that when looking at it the first time.:lmao:

It would still be great for a portfolio shot for potential advertising clients.

This wasnt meant to sell, so why would i care about this? There' still alot for me to learn. I'm a teenager. So what, i go and retake it? Not that tough..

I like it. I agree ideally it would have looked better with a tight crop, but I can see by the way the grass is at the top of the frame, that this probably wouldn't have been ideal like you said. Overall pretty decent though IMO.

Thanks! The landscape orientation didnt work. Actually i had it in landscape for a half hour. Turned it ninety degrees and loved the result. My whole goal was to have the grass curve over the ball as if it were a wave crashing over it to hide it in the rough.

You could also take 10 mins to photoshop the letters off the ball - if someone requested or whatever.

Nice shot.

Did you notice the shadows form a "S" over the whole image?
Jahseeit?

Oh, and I told you so. ;)

I did not notice the s!

And you were right, you told me so. I admit defeat :lmao:

You could also take 10 mins to photoshop the letters off the ball - if someone requested or whatever.

True. But let's focus on the image and not Which ball it is. That was not a consideration. How could I improve? I oughta post the original. This photo was garbage before it got hit by the lighroom3 train

Might be cool in black & white - it's really about light and shadow, not color

Most reactions

Back