Rounded/distorted on MOBILE Galaxy S8 (vs DSLR) - studio

fab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I am trying to reproduce a DSLR professional picture, with my Samsung Galaxy S8.
It is very tough, the professional really shoot much better pics!

The 2 main issues are:
-the picture looks distorted/rounded, kind of fish eyes effect, but I didn't use any lens (actually I tried using a different lens, and the same issue always appeared). It is like the side of the shoe are farther and the middle closer to the lens. Please see the pictures.

-secondly, the luminosity, well I use continuous light in my DIY studio while the professional was using flashes. I also use the pro mode of the Galaxy S8, it helps, but not enough.

If you have any suggestion, especially for the distorted view, I will be very grateful
Thanks for your help

Fabross

Attachments

• 006-WOBALL-1 20181220_093204b.jpg
    006-WOBALL-1 20181220_093204b.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 006-WOBALL-1.jpg
    006-WOBALL-1.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 213
wrong tools for the job.

You're simply way too close to the subject with a very wide-angle lens. The distortion you're seeing is perspective. You need a longer focal length and move the camera further away.

No 'mode' on said S8 is going to do this for you.

wide-angle lens

Thank you 480sparky!
I already moved back and it didn't change much. I will try more backward.
I don't use any lens on the S8 and didn't find any narrow/closed lens. Is there a lens that I should buy?

wide-angle lens

Thank you 480sparky!
I already moved back and it didn't change much. I will try more backward.
I don't use any lens on the S8 and didn't find any narrow/closed lens. Is there a lens that I should buy?

It has to change. Perspective is a function of your distance from the subject. Change the distance and perspective HAS to change. You can't move back a few inches as such a small move will produce a small change in perspective. You need to get back 6 or 8 feet to 'flatten' out the subject.

I'm sure there are telephoto lens adapters you can buy for a smart phone. However, they'll probably be über-cheap and you won't like the results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back