Roxsen M42 to Canon EF Lens Adapter Review

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In your link I see one review about some problem with chip position, and four positive. Chip is glued to the ring, so quality control might be an issue (but only alternative is spending much more, or buying some of them).
I have two of these: AF Confirm M42 Lens to Canon EOS EF XS XSi T1i XT XTi su eBay.it Lens Accessories, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo , no problems.
I suppose the metallic part and the chip are more or less the same for many vendors.
Actually there are at least three variations of chip: the basic one (like the one in your and in my link) is preset to 50/1.4 or so. This means your EXIF data will be set that way (I'm not sure whether the camera uses such data for some correction, e.g. in AF - there is some discussion in specialized forums).
Another variation is programmed by the vendor with lens data you want (usually paying something more), like this one:
AF confirm M42 lens to canon adapter eos500D 450D 400D su eBay.it Lens Mounts Adapters, Camera Lenses, Photography

Finally, another variation let you change data by yourself and also eventually adjust microfocus by means of some complicated way of communicating data to the chip, like here:
EMF AF confirm M42 lens to canon adapter eos1000D 5D su eBay.it Lens Accessories, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo (I'm waiting one of this).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back