royal gold 25 and nasa?????

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is an interesting bit of photo urban legend stuff.

Did you ever hear of the 50's satellite program called Corona.

If so:
Do you know if the film used on it later became kodak ektacolor 25 the forerunner of royal gold 25 ect.

The myth, if it is one, is that in the fifties they had a sat program that rolled over the ussr shooting photographs on film no less. Film that could give the license number of a truck shot from outter space. That the film was then dropped back into the atmosphere and snagged by planes... now that is all true.

The myth part may be that the film was classified and once the sats went digital, kodak brought it out as ektacolor25 or royal gold 25 some say it was actuallly a tmax kind of film that was used. Still the myth goes on anyway about ektacolor25.

Has anyone else heard this story and no I'm not making it up.

I've heard it. I don't know if it's true, but Kodak Ektar 25 was my favorite color film ever. Ektar 1000 and 125 were also awesome.

BTW...I have a pic of one of the cams that did the stuff you were taking about. They have a few variations at the USAF Museum here in Dayton.

LWW

yes that first 25 was the best color film I ever shot except (aint there always an accept) it was so soft that the emulsion scratched when you took it out of the sleeve. Probably scratched at the lab if the truth be known.

But my god could you make a 20 x30 from a 35 mm negative that was indistiquishable from a med format unless you put them side by side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back