Royal Palm Beach Yacht Club

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These Sailors meet a couple times a week to race, most of these were shot early afternoon, they also have a late afternoon race series mid week that I will go back and shoot, should be able to get some really nice light then.

wmmg3938.jpg

wmmg3948.jpg

wmmg3949.jpg

wmmg4079.jpg

5. DoF a bit shallow for this one I think, all the boats should have been in focus.
wmmg4094.jpg

wmmg4120.jpg

I left a business card with one of the "involved" spectators and said I would have some shots from todays racing up later today if they wanted to take a look, (be nice if it generated a few sales too :p ).

Does anyone have any "feelance" advice on this method of direct selling?

C&C welcome of course. Thanks for looking.

I will post a few more as I go through them.

Wow, those look just like miniture boats! Tilt-shift lens? J/K :lmao:

Nice shots. I'm willing to bet, if you handed out cards to the people who sailed them, you'd get a bite or two. My brother does models (spaceships--er--sorry "starships", and military vehicles) and those guys are usually more than willing to lay down $$ for good shots of their stuff. It's amazing what they can do with plastic, but few can do anything with film (or it's digital counterpart, anyway).

J/K :lmao:

Phew, embarrassment prevented. :blushing: I almost overlooked the (clearly visible, now that I finally SEE!!! :shock: ) J/K thingy and was about to reply accordingly, telling you that these obviously are r/c boats and all that... oh dear, thank God my eyes opened up BEFORE that! ;)

The first is really lovely! That cute little bow wave...! :D

Thanks for the feedback, I have had a chance to go through and PP the rest from this shoot.

Ended up with 16 shots in total I would be comfortable with people seeing and potentially buying should I be lucky enough.

Slideshow link.
Shots of the day -

A few more that I would like to share.

wmmg3971.jpg

wmmg4004.jpg

wmmg4047.jpg

wmmg4032.jpg

wmmg4017.jpg

12. My personal favourite of the lot.
wmmg4031.jpg

J/K :lmao:

Phew, embarrassment prevented. :blushing: I almost overlooked the (clearly visible, now that I finally SEE!!! :shock: ) J/K thingy and was about to reply accordingly, telling you that these obviously are r/c boats and all that... oh dear, thank God my eyes opened up BEFORE that! ;)

The first is really lovely! That cute little bow wave...! :D

So my poor mans fake tilt shift didnt work out all huh? I thought I might catch one victim at least, haha. :sexywink:

Bump.

C'mon guys and gals, you must be able to find something I could improve on, its your feedback that helps me improve and has got me to the level I am at today.

I know what I have as seen through my eyes, but its your views I am after, good, bad and ugly, no holds barred, bring it on, I can take it, dont make me beg. Or are they just not that interesting to the general public?

All shots were taken with my 500D/T1i with 300mm prime + for some I had a 1.4 teleconverter on. No filters, I must get another decent 77mm CPL for this lens. All shot in Av mode, -2/3 exposure compensation, focus pre selected for each situation with AI servo and hand held.

Most reactions

Back