What's new

Ruby-throated hummingbird, Redeaux

Nice set.
 
These hummingbirds you've all got in the northern hemisphere have such iridescent coloured feathers.
There are many beautiful species. We only get this one most of the year.
 
Very nice set.

Not that long ago, a common way to photograph hummingbirds was using a multi-flash setup. It was a good way to freeze the wing motion. But those photos looked unnatural, and all those pics looked alike. I prefer the natural light photos!
 
Very nice set.

Not that long ago, a common way to photograph hummingbirds was using a multi-flash setup. It was a good way to freeze the wing motion. But those photos looked unnatural, and all those pics looked alike. I prefer the natural light photos!

Great set!

Thanks much.

Ed, I've seen that done. I shoot slow shutter most of the time unless I want to catch them in actual flight. When watching them hover, we don't see still wings so that is what I hope to capture.
 
Very nice shooting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom