Rufous hummingbird with painterly bokeh

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I almost always like the bokeh from the Tamron 150-600. Long lenses are so effective at background blur. Different distances, DOF and focal lengths yield very different results. The mammoth sunflowers 8-12 inches behind this hummingbird provided, I think, a very pleasant backdrop.
C&C always valued, thanks for looking :)

rufous-1.jpg

rufous-1-2.jpg

The degree of blur in the wings is really nice, especially in the second picture, with the wings in the classical position,but I am not so keen on having the bird placed to the short side of the frame in Both of these photos. Still your're correct: the lens has beautifully rendered the background!

Very nice colors in the background and on the bird, Zulu!
Thanks very much!

Lovely set............
Nice of you to say, thanks Jeff

Nice pic.
Thank you Kirk

The degree of blur in the wings is really nice, especially in the second picture, with the wings in the classical position,but I am not so keen on having the bird placed to the short side of the frame in Both of these photos. Still your're correct: the lens has beautifully rendered the background!
Thank you, Derrel. I did struggle with these crops. The main reason they're both cropped that way was to remove the hummingbird feeder from the frame. I could have cropped tighter behind the bird but I also wanted to include more background. The resulting crops, I agree, are awkward. I appreciate your comments!

They both are beautiful pictures.

Love the painterly background. Nice and sharp photos of the hummers.

Just beautiful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back