Running fro the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
terri said:
It would be nice if this member came back here to admit to his actions and offer an explanation as well as an apology.
I think at least that.
The Board policy on copyright infringement is very clear. And I do believe this 'gentleman' has been warned about it before.
Even worse - a lot of people have been hurt and upset by this. They deserve the full abject grovel.

vonDrehle said:
On a side note, I think some should contact Doug Raflik and tell him to start posting in the gallery whenever he gets some news photos.

Aww shucks... I didnt think anyone really noticed my work. Its been slow in the news dept. I do have a car wreck I will post right now though. (If I can find it quick enough)

Doug

--Sorry people, but nowhere did I say the sky was mine, I only said I had these awesome sky images, they were in fact sent to me via email, I asumed they were stock items. As far as I am concerned, I admitted the image wasn't genuine only an example of Photoshop work. The sea part was taken that morning by me as quoted.. Ernie

Where? Ernie? Where?

I replied to your FIRST post, and NOTHING there indicated this was a mounted photo!

erniehatt said:
but nowhere did I say the sky was mine
What a load of bull ernie. And you know it is too. Your original posts are up there for everyone to see clear as day.

You just had the opportunity to redeem yourself and say that you're sorry for the confusion and that you wouldn't do it again. But you just lied through your teeth once again and pretended that you weren't deceiving us. Seriously dude... not cool.

erniehatt said:
--Sorry people, but nowhere did I say the sky was mine, I only said I had these awesome sky images, they were in fact sent to me via email, I asumed they were stock items. As far as I am concerned, I admitted the image wasn't genuine only an example of Photoshop work. The sea part was taken that morning by me as quoted.. Ernie
I have had words with you before about posting other people's work on this Board without stating that you have their permission to do so.
Receiving images by e-mail does not absolve you of the requirement to ascertain the copyright position.
Your assuming that it was a 'stock item' is no defence or excuse.
In future please be more careful about what you post and the way in which you post it.

Since you set your own precedent of of giving credit, or at least not taking credit of an image used in your post 2 months ago in your "infared conversion" thread, and in that thread there were questions of copyright raised. Then I would say that you should have been twice as careful about it this time Ernie. While I can understand why you made no mention of it in the first post, when you "came clean" you should have come clean. There are forums where photochopping, is the theme, these would be better for showcasing this type of work, this site is about photography, if you did not take it(and by take, I mean with a camera! :)), do not post it.

Jeff

erniehatt said:

Hmmmmm... even more pathetic.

Goodness me. Why are people getting so riled up? He admitted it wasn't his pictures in its entirity. I'm sure if he kn ew who took the photo or didn't think it was stock photo he would have put the name in his confession post. It would have been pointless if he put it in the first post. How mny people are upset by this I find that very odd.

He brings a valid point thats it's impossible to know if someones work is actually there work on the internet.

all i can say is WOW...seriously. i JUST got into photogrpahy, like two months ago. the form of the arts that i know well is writing. and ill tell you....if someone ever did that to me...huummm...id wanna *w*itch slap them at least. i cant tell you how low i think that is to steal someones elses creativity and claim it as your own.
what happended to ethics? what happened to pride (in what YOU do, not what someone else does and claiming it as you own?).

dude, you KNEW people would assume you took the shot. if nothing else, im pretty sure you worded your first post very caefully so if need be, later you could back pedal, as you have already done. did you REALLY think anyone would believe that excuse?

sorry....this really irritates me (to say the least) that someone would do this to another artist.

well Ernie, i must say i am a bit taken by this. you did say 'i had these awesome sky images', that in and of itself left most of us with the feeling you had taken it and simply merged them together. what you did may be acceptable on other sites, but at TPF we do discourage and point out in the guidelines that posting others work is not tolerated here. i have always liked your work Ernie and have enjoyed reading your comments/suggestions to others. i would think with the overwhelming concern of this incident you would act accordingly and accept responsibility publicly and admit this was wrong rather than simply trying to justify. do the right thing Ernie, don't just disappear from the site...you have much to offer.

Daniel said:
Goodness me. Why are people getting so riled up? He admitted it wasn't his pictures in its entirity. I'm sure if he kn ew who took the photo or didn't think it was stock photo he would have put the name in his confession post. It would have been pointless if he put it in the first post. How mny people are upset by this I find that very odd.

He brings a valid point thats it's impossible to know if someones work is actually there work on the internet.

personally, i think he did this knowing there would be a fit over it, and he is just messing with everyone.

Daniel said:

Yes, that's right. The Internet Image Fairy put it there. No one really took a picture. So it's fair game.

Suggest you study, and come to appreciate, copyright laws. Someday you might even have your own image you feel proprietary about enough to become incensed if it was turned into someone's tricked-out PS game, posted as their own, who then refused to own up to their actions.

The fact you see nothing wrong with this is what I find very odd.

Yes, that's right. The Internet Image Fairy put it there. No one really took a picture. So it's fair game.

There's no need for sarcasm. I'm not the one who did anything wrong. I just think people are acting rather strongly.

The fact you see nothing wrong with this is what I find very odd.

I don't remember saying that. I just have a different view. Yes maybe if it was my hptoo i would act slightly differently but I even still I would not be that annoyed. Within myself I would know I was the one who took the photo even if the person wouldn't admit they took it. That's enough for me.

personally, i think he did this knowing there would be a fit over it, and he is just messing with everyone.

That maybe so, I just don't prejudge people and I have never experienced him doing this in the past. You've been here longer so it may be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back