Rural Landscape

jacquelynecullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacquelynecullen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to try out a black and white processing technique taught by Pratik Naik in a creative live workshop this weekend. When scrolling through my raw files, I picked this one, and when I was finished, I found that I really loved this image, whereas the original raw was just "meh" to me and I almost never processed it. Feedback welcome. One thing I keep tweaking and retweaking is the leveling. I can't seem to eye if it's straight. :confused: Thoughts?
Hardware: Nikon D5100, Tamron 28-75 f2.8, f/8.0, ISO 100, 1/20thsec
Software: Adobe ACR & Photoshop 2014
greenecounty_web_zps195e7497.jpg

Looks straight to me. Not a bad B&W, but I am not sure I like the OOF foreground material, but that is just me. In my humble opinion, I think it is distracting - a little bit would have been okay but this is too much for me.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Thanks, WG. :) I really considered cloning out the top left bits of the foreground as well as one of the pieces on the far left, but didn't. I might go back in and do a v2 without those, as the value of them changes and imo makes them distracting for that reason. I do like the shorter ones, as they help frame the subject. I had taken a couple shots of this, behind the grass and through it (eliminating the grassy foreground), and I ended up liking the ones behind the grass best for that reason. I agree with you that cloning out some of it will help strengthen the composition, so I'll dig back into this image today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back