Rural Temple

Don't ever do what the above "cropper" did....he/she cut out all the stuff that makes this shot interesting;) or at least half

My major problem with the crop is it probably doesn't coincide with what the OP was trying to capture. Admittedly, I tried several crops myself but they changed the orginal too much and it became a matter of personal taste.

Agree. I just offer an alternative that is more "safe" composition wise, but is not nesessary "better".

Thanks so much everyone!

Sashbar, thank you for the edit. I don't disagree that this crop can also work as simply a study of the lines and textures of the barn and silo, I do like it as that. As Alan said that's not my intention here, my intention was to make it into a ... building of worship I suppose is the best description. Having that in mind I think the door at the bottom is one of the most important elements to keep, it really indicates scale and how tiny a person would be in this image, it is humble but enters into a very powerful place imho which is what I am trying to convey with the shot.

Alan, you made me wonder what it would look like flipped too since we read left to right, flipping the whole image changes the weight a LOT, I think my eye gets stuck in the right side in a crowded bad kinda way, just flipping the silo might be interesting but alas I don't have the skills either ;) lol

here it is flipped....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back