Rust never sleeps

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This rusting corrugated metal roof reminded me of the words of the song. The colours, pattern and textures appealed. I don't know what the white stuff is - it looks like a chemical efflorescence, but I don't think it can be.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Corrugated-iron.jpg

Love it. Great colours and patterns. You've really got an eye for interesting abstract shots.

Thanks for the comments Antarctican and Hamburger. Hamburger, there's a chance that your students - like the young visitor who saw it on my computer screen -might think it's tiger skin!

Regards, Tony

"Tiger skin" is one cool thought, I must say!!
I like the idea.

And - as always, but do I still have to say so? - I like your photo. Great eye for textures, patterns, lines, repetition ... you are the King of Composition for me, no matter if you go wideangle or close-up ... it is always so brilliantly composed. And exposed. Of course!

Thanks Corinna. I'm glad you like the composition - I thought long and hard about it. I seem to look for composition before any other of the qualities that make a photograph. I think the fine art (painting) training in my earlier life pushes me that way. However, it means I ignore whole genres of photography - you rarely see people or animals as the subject of my shots - and that's something I keep meaning to remedy. One day :wink:.

Regards, Tony

Nice abstract texture, my guess is fading white paint.

Very tiger-y indeed. Really nice.

Most reactions

Back