What's new

rust

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
20040122-IMG_0117.jpg
 
Awesome, like the abstractness (word?)
 
The darkening of the corners of the photos (vignetting?) is awesome. Plus the texture is off of the charts. Do you use a small aperture to make the texture pop out, or is it not necessary on such a 2-dimensional image? Since I would love to have photos even half as cool as yours, I sure would appreciate it if you could tell me (roughly, you don't have to look it up in the EXIF) what sort of aperture and film speed you had. Also, if you used any lighting, and roughly what PP you used.

Once again, if that's too much to ask, I understand. But either way, your photo rocks, especially for such a simple and seemingly boring subject. If someone told me they were taking a photo of a hinge, I'd laugh... until I saw this.

I think if you were going to call this a style of photography, I would call it "industrial." It reminds me of something that would be in a Nine Inch Nails album insert (and they are my favorite group).
 
The darkening of the corners of the photos (vignetting?) is awesome. Plus the texture is off of the charts. Do you use a small aperture to make the texture pop out, or is it not necessary on such a 2-dimensional image? Since I would love to have photos even half as cool as yours, I sure would appreciate it if you could tell me (roughly, you don't have to look it up in the EXIF) what sort of aperture and film speed you had. Also, if you used any lighting, and roughly what PP you used.

Once again, if that's too much to ask, I understand. But either way, your photo rocks, especially for such a simple and seemingly boring subject. If someone told me they were taking a photo of a hinge, I'd laugh... until I saw this.

I think if you were going to call this a style of photography, I would call it "industrial." It reminds me of something that would be in a Nine Inch Nails album insert (and they are my favorite group).


Thanks !

i actually stopped down just a hair i think, lighting was flat. it pops interestingly cause of the texture, color, contrast and vignette.
 
:thumbup::thumbup: Excellent as always​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom