Rusted

Cuidado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posted this in the wrong section before, so I reposted here.:blushing:

Well, I have not done a thing with this photo, it is how I shot it, not touchup or anything. Wanted to see what others thought before I tried to enhance it. Never tried on any photos before, so thought I would see what you thought.

Honesty is what I am looking for.

This was taken at Haleakala National Park in Hawaii. Was searching for a shot of a local plant, and came across this rusted bowl just sitting there.

I thought so too. I was up at about 9500 ft, when I saw it just sitting there. snapped the picture and like it. Not sure if I should do some editing to it or not, since I don't have much experience with it right now, mainly just shoot and enjoy. But would like a pointer or 2 of what you think might make it better.

I likes it,,cool its some thing like I would do

You need not apply an increase of saturation of ALL the colours, you can select which colour saturation you want to boost, and I would suggest you try a boost on the reds only, watch for it, don't go too far, but that might make the rust of the bowl stand out more (and would leave the wonderful, natural sky blue and blue of the haze untouched).

Also the near shadows (those of the in-focus area around the tree trunk) might want to be warmed a little, to go with the warmth of the sun-lit area... but that's only a theoretical thought and I would need to see this put into practise myself in order to say if it works or not. :scratch:

The photo as such is a definite keeper, I say.
But it might become even more of a keeper with a bit of very mild PP in Photoshop...

This didn't leave me alone, and since you put up "OK to edit", Cuidado, I so wanted to put my own theoretical thoughts into practise, and this is what I came out with:

cuidadodsc0306oy5myedit.jpg

What do you say?

I like the addition to the rust. Makes it look much older and adds a bit more drama to the picture. Thanks, help me out for future edits.

Most reactions

Back