S Turns

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A dream field for the high performance tractor driver.

MWYJ7556bwcrsm.jpg

you know how to take photos...This steps into two realms; one, is realism..the fact it's field that's been attacked by a tractor. Two, it's purely artisticsm; there are plenty examples of shape repitition, and my eyes are satisfied...this is great.

The lighting is great, a great range of values are exemplified here. The top and bottom approximate thirds are darker, and the middle third counterbalance with lighter values. I like the texture of the lighter hay...hairy :) You've made simplicity your friend, and this turned out great.

If there was one thing to change, I"d say maybe brighten this a smidge overall?

I like it as is, in regards to color and brightness. I fear if you were to brighten it, some of that awesome contrast would be lost. (But I prefer darker b&w photography, so it might just be a preference on my part.)

I agree with jamagica - your pattern capture combined with the lighting is really cool. It's a great abstract photo that could remain mysterious or be identified, depending on how much information you provide with it. I'm wondering if the "s" shapes would be further emphasized by cropping a bit off the top, but I have no major issues with the photo as-is, either.

Great capture!!

tried the cropping several times, but it loses its flow, and its space. this is actually a cropped version. the first edit i did had a touch more space, which i liked, but i wanted rid of the grass along the bottom. this is as far as i could crop it and still be happy with the lines feling open still.

tried the cropping several times, but it loses its flow, and its space.

It works for me as is too! I always have to try cropping to see if I like it and I'm always second guessing the crop once I do it. :confused:

My husband brought up a good point to me last night about cropping (as we were discusssing your photo actually) - he said if one is planning on printing it, sometimes a crop will interfere with the print size, bigger or smaller. I hadn't thought of that as my stuff is always just digital, but I'll have to keep this in mind for the future. (BTW, he liked your photo a lot too.)

Anyhoo, it's great. Thanks again for posting it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back