Sad eyes... maybe?

diGIgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like this picture but I cant decide if she looks to sad? what do u think?!?

ansil312.jpg

n---->:wink:

I like it :D
Without the gentleman and the flowers, I think she might look sad. But as a whole, I think she looks at ease. Very content and relaxed. The tones work well.

I can see why you might think she looks sad but I think you just happened to catch her in a reflective moment...I would tend to think of it as more of a contented look considering the circumstances....lets give it the benefit of the doubt....she just got married so she must be happy:D try not to read between the lines...just my advice; take it or leave it.

either way it's a lovely image.

hehehe...just a double take but .....she kind of resembles you :lol:

maybe that's what makes the photo appealing? a bit like the mona lisa, is she happy or sad

How did you make her eyes white like that?

I've been trying to find an easy process to take out the red in the "white" area of peoples eyes.

I agree with JonK, she looks content. You never know she might have taken something to calm her nerves down alittle, I did when I got married, looooong time ago. I really enjoy viewing this photograph, it really has a soft and innocent feel to it, and you captured her beautiful eyes just perfect. Nicely photographed girl !

JonK said:
I can see why you might think she looks sad but I think you just happened to catch her in a reflective moment...I would tend to think of it as more of a contented look considering the circumstances....lets give it the benefit of the doubt....she just got married so she must be happy:D try not to read between the lines...just my advice; take it or leave it.

either way it's a lovely image.

hehehe...just a double take but .....she kind of resembles you :lol:

haha..never thought that she looked like me before! haha funny.

Thanks for the comments guys! I agree. I think she looks relaxed..maybe a bit worn from the day and the stress. Really I guess its a true reflextion of a bride on her "big day"!

bace I actually didn't do anything to her eyes. I guess she just has naturally clear eyes! I do find it a challenge still to whiten a persons eyes. I usually just go in there and in a very low opasity try to clone some of the redness out.

n------>:wink:

*shakes fist in the air*

Damn her clear eyes!!

P.S. She looks familiar. She go to White Folks?

bace said:
How did you make her eyes white like that?

I've been trying to find an easy process to take out the red in the "white" area of peoples eyes.

sometimes desaturate can work well. mostly on black and white

I like this shot, im unsure about the sad eyes. But i was watching a DVD the other night "Masterclass Photography" and it was telling you all about the poistioning of the head determines the emotion. Its a great shot though, have you shown the couple? what was their impressions?

If you covered her mouth and only looked at her eyes you would get a "sad" expression ont he face, but the mouth has a content smile. Like everything is how it should be. It's just odd seeing her look past her fiance and directly into the camera (maybe it's her husband at this point..not sure). If she was looking straight ahead it would shoe me a different emotion, but the picture looks great. I wouldn't have thought she looked sad had you not pointed it out. I looked closely and focussed on each part of her face seperately. Some people have a natural sad look when their face is relaxed, so I was trying to see what would make you think that. For me it's the eyes that gives it that look if you examine it so closely.

I'd be happy with the shot if I was you, and I'm sure the bride will be.

Great job.

Your lens is too short!!! You have major distortion in the nose and eyes (They look HUGE!!!). If you use a longer lens the problem goes away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back