Safari - photo storage

REB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm planning a safari in Kenya an Tanzania. I intend to shot many-many times during the journey(3 weeks) -for an idea around 3 000 to 4 000.

I'll shoot in RAW + JPEG... So each photo takes between 30 to 35 Go of memory!

I want the fatest speed SD card in my camera - It's a little bit expensive.

Do you know some mass portable storage system wich I can bring with me in Africa? (enough memory, small, self-powered and... not too expensive?)

Right

I will camp in the bush, so I can bring with me limited luggage.

Is there some kind of portable hard drive?

epson has some small portable storage units and you can see the image unlike others. off the top of my head i don't remember the exact name but i am sure if you check their website it shouldn't be hard to find. However, they aren't cheap .

Right

I will camp in the bush, so I can bring with me limited luggage.

Is there some kind of portable hard drive?

Your choices will be something like the Epson units Ann mentioned:

Epson P-6000 Multimedia Photo Viewer, Specifications - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

or perhaps a "netbook" computer. The latter, while larger than the EPSON device, is smaller than a "notebook" computer. The netbook would usually offer more HD space (typically 160gig instead of the EPSON's 80gig) while having less battery life. With either, you will need to consider the likelyhood that you would need to recharge them while in the field. The EPSON device would likely make the trip without recharging if you can resist the urge to spend much time reviewing your images.

Thank's everybody,

I think I've found what I need.

Digital Foci PST-251 Photo Safe II 160GB Digital Picture Storage (www.digitalfoci.com)

It dosen't have a viewer. It's just a strorage room, nothing else.

Of course, it's cheaper: around 130$ for the 160GB.

Glad to hear you found something that meets your needs!

I'm looking forward to seeing your images and hearing about your experience with the storage device :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back