San Diego spinning wool

MikeFlorendo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was down in San Diego so I wanted to to shoot the city. Well got bored so I decided to play with fire!

15 sec
f9
ISO 400
Shot at 50mm
SD_steelwool (1 of 1).jpg

Fun! The skyline seems like it might be tilted a bit, but it has a velvety feel that I like.

How do you do this spark-slingy thing again? I seem to remember a cordless drill

Fun! The skyline seems like it might be tilted a bit, but it has a velvety feel that I like.

How do you do this spark-slingy thing again? I seem to remember a cordless drill

It's steel wool in an egg beater. Thanks I thought I corrected the horizon but it does seem a little off. Sometimes I shouldn't just rely on LightRoom auto level. It doesn't always level correctly.

It's steel wool in an egg beater.

Ah. that's right. I'm going to shamelessly steal your idea and try this sometime. (with a welding mask and flame-retardant suit of course :) )

It's steel wool in an egg beater.

Ah. that's right. I'm going to shamelessly steal your idea and try this sometime. (with a welding mask and flame-retardant suit of course :) )

No need most of the molten steel wool flies all around you but doesn't get on you. A hoodie, sun glasses and gloves is all you need. Don't forget the gloves after spinning 4-5 times the friction tears up your hand. Learned the hard way! Use a 9 volt battery to light it. It lasts about 20-30 seconds.

Most reactions

Back