San Jose Japanese Friendship Garden

CanAm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Walked to the garden today to see what there was to shoot. Here are a few of my favorites for the day-

Yellow-Dragon.jpg

waterpost.jpg

stoneflower.jpg

Little-Temples.jpg

Lighted-path.jpg

Branching-Out.jpg

Pretty sure those were all shot with the nifty fifty. Easily my favorite lens.

Also, a bonus shot that I took while exploring the rest of Kelley Park while lost in a big orchard like place-

Cone-Alone.jpg

CC welcome and encouraged.

The first looks underexposed. Also do I think that DOF is a bit too narrow. A bit more of the blossom might very well have been in focus.

The second photo doesn't speak to me at all.

With the one after that I find your background mildly distracting, and I personally feel that if the flower was your subject, there ought to have been some more of it in the photo.

Must be the fourth photo now ... doesn't work for me any. Waaaay to little a subject to be seen with waaaaay too shallow a DOF.

My favourite.
Leading lines, repetition, blurred background but deep enough DOF. To my mind, this one is the best of the bunch by far.

The sixth (I think, there are no numbers) is composed in a debateable manner. I personnally am not too fond of your composition, least of all of the fact that you clipped the tips of the foremost leaves off by putting your subject that far down into the corner, and I don't like the dark green part on the left, either. The red of the leaves, though, complements the blue of the rest of background nicely (or the other way round ... you know what I mean).

I don't know what it is I am seeing in the last... Is it a kind of fruit which has this writing on the side?

It looks like a PVC with red stain on one side.

Most reactions

Back