San Juan Capistrano and the Mariachi Festival

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.garyayala.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snaps of Mission San Juan Capistrano and the Mariachi Festival festival held on there.

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/3092060#168945560

Gary

168945108-M.jpg

168945132-M.jpg

168942415-M.jpg

I am not a fan of "in your face" shots, but I love the last one.

Rusty Tripod

Im not too sure they would have liked being able to count their zits and moles :)

I do like the expression caught in the first one, just wish it was pulled back a little further.

Her eyes are amazing (and the amount of mascara too much), and I am quite a fan of fill-the-frame portraits or people photos ... so I guess it is a matter of taste really. And composition is not too tight, for the microphone is per part inside the frame, so we see enough context to understand this photo.

And to be honest: I find her eyes so strong, I never noticed the moles until I read about them in Bear's comment...

The last one I would have like her face a little more to the right, but I really like that one!

Sry I had ta point out the flaws on her face :) But I do agree, her eyes make the picture. Perhaps something would have been taken away from the picture if weren't able to see such detail in her eyes.

Oh, that last one of the lady listening (I assume) is so full of character. Old people's faces seem to tell so many stories! I wish I had the change to photograph old faces a lot more! And then I would wish to be so good like you are!
This one is so well-thought out and planned and executed. Really good. You are very inspiring, Gary (I think is your name?).

I must confess that I do like the black and white abuelita image very much. The flower shots and architecture images were well done. As much as I like mariachis and folkorico groups, I was unable to connect with these shots here.

Rusty Tripod

I must confess that I do like the black and white abuelita image very much. The flower shots and architecture images were well done. As much as I like mariachis and folkorico groups, I was unable to connect with these shots here.

Rusty Tripod

Thanks for looking and commenting. We all have different tastes ... if we all liked and appreciated everything similarly ... I guess there wouldn't be any wars... lol

I might like the first shot better if it were in black and white, maybe it'd draw even more attention to her stunning eyes, and not so much to her blemishes (they are distracting). Regardless, I like the in-your-face style, it's very raw and real. The third shot, even though it's of a completely different style and nature, is very nice. I like them all, good work!

Thanks Trenton Romulox

The "in-your-face" seems to work better when there is a series of shots. I like the intense personal feel as opposed to the postcard feel. I am beginning to experiment with this approach.

Gary

Most reactions

Back