Sand bars, tidal slants, and fuzzy clouds

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Picture115.jpg

Fuzzy Sand bars, fuzzy tidal slants, and fuzzy clouds.

Fixed!

You all forgot to mention that it's not straight! That makes all the difference...otherwise it would have just been an 'average' shot;).
We should all try taking photos that ignore the rules of composition, framing, focus etc...ITS NOT EASY!

You all forgot to mention that it's not straight! That makes all the difference...otherwise it would have just been an 'average' shot;).
We should all try taking photos that ignore the rules of composition, framing, focus etc...ITS NOT EASY!

I think that's what he meant by tidal slant. Come on people... keep up!!;)

oh! sorry. I thought he meant the tide was coming in at an angle/slant....I see what you mean now:)

oh! sorry. I thought he meant the tide was coming in at an angle/slant....I see what you mean now:)

Well, now that you mention it, I guess he may have....

I don't like it as much as "green on rye", however.

I didn't know what to say about 'Green on Rye'....so I said nothing:lol:
I know that I don't know anything, as the title had me confused!

Is that a beached whale in the fore-center? (at first I mis-took it for my mother-in-law sunbathing. the OOF thing I considered an act of random kindness on Rob's part)

I find it amusing that when people like a shot, thay say "nice shot! Like it a lot". But then Rob91 posts some blurry photo that they don't know what for, and let out a 4 or 5 line rant about why it shouldn't be posted and how bad it sucks and rattle through all the technical problems ad nauseum....

Yes, I'm easily amused. That's why I keep coming back.

Keep on posting Rob91!!

I'm new to rob91's work, just discovering it, actually. I don't understand the criticism I'm finding. To all those who want rob91 to make his horizons rectilinear, and the photograph in sharper focus, I think you're mistaking a "photograph" with a "picture post card." Would you have told Picasso that a subject should not have had two eyes on one side of the nose? or have told Gaugin that South Sea natives should not have had blue skin? A photograph may need to distort the normally accepted parameters if, more than conveying the facts of a scene, it wishes to convey the essences.

Would you have told Picasso that a subject should not have had two eyes on one side of the nose?

Im glad someone mentioned Picasso as there is something to be learned here. Im not against what rob does, However people calling this amazing creative work are massively deluded. If you had been to art school or self taught art history you would know why.
Why?... because Picasso along with many artists like him could actually draw and paint VERY accurately. He was already established as a great painter and drawer, who could paint a figure with perfect proportions. He the CHOSE to develope the cubism movement, therefore giving his work a thought provoking twist.

Iv said this to rob before and he refused to answer me... why is he choosing to take all his shots out of focus, what is he trying to achieve?
Looking into his past posts i find nothing but out of focus shots which says to me that he cannot use basic photography methods and techniques and has little understanding of them. Therefore i find his photos uninspired and based on nothing.
You must first learn to understand the camera before taking your ideas to another level.
Just an honest opinion.

Looking into his past posts i find nothing but out of focus shots which says to me that he cannot use basic photography methods and techniques and has little understanding of them.
I don't think it would be possible to consistently do what Rob does on accident. I'm sure that he knows how to use auto focus, he just chooses not to, lol. Why, I'm not sure I'll understand unless he'd care to enlighten us. I just find it very hard to believe that he doesn't know what all those buttons on his camera do.

Most of his work doesn't do anything for me (this one, for example), but I honestly do like a few of them ("Almost Hollywood" and "Look", to name two).

Sometimes I wonder how many of the people saying how much they like it honestly do like it, or if they're just messing with him. I personally would not say I liked it unless I really did (but at the same time I can see why some people might think it would be fun to play with him). If I didn't like it I probably wouldn't even comment at all.

Most reactions

Back