Police Crash into Bar Arrest Owner for Being Upset

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We own a garden lot in one of the poorer city neighborhoods (Carondelet) and stopped by to check on it today. We were only a couple blocks from an incident that occurred the other night so stopped by and I grabbed a snapshot. A local bar was crashed into by a police SUV. The owners live above the bar and came down to see what happened. One of them was arrested on what appears to be faked charges by the police. Here's the snap of the bar and a link to a video of the crash. The crash is worth watching. First lie the cops told was they swerved to miss a dog.

barPM.jpg

Crazy St Louis! The first reporting was the officer swerved to miss a dog. The second reporting was that he was looking at his radio and swerved to miss the parked car. Some speculation was why did he speed, run a red light and had not lights/sirens?

According to news reports I read, it was LGBT bar owned by a married gay couple. Both owners were arrested, one when he refused to give his ID to police, and the other when he pushed an officer after someone made homophobic remarks during the encounter. The two officers in the car were probationary, the one driving first claimed he swerved to miss a dog, then changed his story to he was adjusting his radio and swerved. Video from a neighboring business show the cop was speeding and ran a red light prior to swerving into the business. Despite the erratic behaviour, the driver was not tested for drugs or alcohol, because his partner didn't believe there was reasonable suspicion. Talk about a public relations nightmare for Police, and a costly mistake for the city.

According to news reports I read, it was LGBT bar owned by a married gay couple. Both owners were arrested, one when he refused to give his ID to police, and the other when he pushed an officer after someone made homophobic remarks during the encounter. The two officers in the car were probationary, the one driving first claimed he swerved to miss a dog, then changed his story to he was adjusting his radio and swerved. Video from a neighboring business show the cop was speeding and ran a red light prior to swerving into the business. Despite the erratic behaviour, the driver was not tested for drugs or alcohol, because his partner didn't believe there was reasonable suspicion. Talk about a public relations nightmare for Police, and a costly mistake for the city.
Yep, I've continued to watch the story as I have an interest in the neighborhood. The story keeps changing day to day -- may be some time before or if we ever find out the facts. Public relations nightmare indeed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back