Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_DSF7266.jpg

_DSF7272.jpg

_DSF7271.jpg

_DSF7278.jpg

I recently went to an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls (Dead Sea Scrolls The Exhibition California Science Center) and thought it was interesting that many of the artifacts of the religious practitioners of olde were all lost to time as a result of conflict, while here in the modern world it's mostly because of consumerism. 'Merica.

_DSF7286.jpg

6. Barbie
_DSF7295.jpg

Last edited:
first and last shots are winners for me.

pretty intense shadows throughout, thought of

I like 1, 3, and 6. I could totally eat a churro right now.

The Barbie boat and rosary are winners.

I agree, though I would add that I also really like #1.

#4 is well-done, but the subject matter makes it too sad for me to look at for more than a second or two. :(

first and last shots are winners for me.

pretty intense shadows throughout, thought of

Thanks. Yeah, I've been experimenting with contrast. The Fujifilm files seem to have a different aesthetic than those from Canikony. It handles deep contrast in a way that is more pleasing I think.

Yeah, it was pretty somber. A few years ago a bunch of emaciated sea lion pups washed up here. supposedly it was because warm water pushed their food source out farther into the ocean, so as a result, the parents were gone longer than usual and the pups were getting weaned too early.

I'm sure that's not what happened here, but over the past few years there has been an uptick in seal/sea lion deaths. so I wonder if it has been a contributing factor.

Barbie shot win the lot for me. I feel like a tighter shot with only the boat in a sea of sand would have made something amazing though. Dunno if you catch what I mean.

Barbie shot win the lot for me. I feel like a tighter shot with only the boat in a sea of sand would have made something amazing though. Dunno if you catch what I mean.

I was thinking something similar. My 35mm lens didn't work well for it though :(

Right, and getting closer is kinda awkward in that kind of situation too. I get ya. Oh well, nice shot anyway ^^

I'm not sure what #1 is about. It could be that the figure on the sand is sleeping rough and there is a contrast with the pleasure seeking on the promenade above, but this isn't quite clear enough for me from the image.

#4 is very thought provoking and emotionally loaded.

#6 is a great social comment type of shot making very good use of the banal to achieve this.

Very nice series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back