Santa Monica Day Trip

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of my housemates and I went to Santa Monica yesterday. Usually I would leave my camera at home, but I decided at the last minute to grab it as the uber pulled up. I'm glad I did, and I'm feeling inspired to take my camera out a little more often instead of just using it for work. To give a little insight to my roommates who are pictured: Blaise is an actor from Texas, Charlotte is a photographer from London, Amara is a model from Ohio, Emma is an illustrator from Texas, Kyle is a writer and filmmaker from Kentucky, Andrew is an actor, writer and musician from Texas, and Sasha is an actress from Ohio.

All shot in available light using a Canon 5D classic with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens attached (set to various aperture settings).
_MG_0228.JPG
_MG_0307.JPG
_MG_0339.JPG
_MG_0274.JPG
_MG_0183.JPG
_MG_0224.JPG
_MG_0216.JPG
_MG_0244.JPG
_MG_0293.JPG
_MG_0179.JPG
_MG_0153.JPG
_MG_0079.JPG
_MG_0117.JPG
_MG_0114.JPG
_MG_0131.JPG

Very nice set, Dan; looks like an interesting group of people with which to spend your time.

Wonderful set and wow. The friendship bond gleems through.. Gret set yet again!

I LOVE THESE! Glad you took your camera Dan. :D

Looks like a fun group! These are really nice - especially dealing with bright sunlight. The 2nd and last are my favorites.

Great set - looks like a fun day!

Number 6 looks like a scene from the classic surfing film Big Wednesday.

A few of my housemates and I went to Santa Monica yesterday. Usually I would leave my camera at home, but I decided at the last minute to grab it as the uber pulled up. I'm glad I did, and I'm feeling inspired to take my camera out a little more often instead of just using it for work. To give a little insight to my roommates who are pictured: Blaise is an actor from Texas, Charlotte is a photographer from London, Amara is a model from Ohio, Emma is an illustrator from Texas, Kyle is a writer and filmmaker from Kentucky, Andrew is an actor, writer and musician from Texas, and Sasha is an actress from Ohio.

beautiful photos.. glad you took your camera...

Very nice set, Dan; looks like an interesting group of people with which to spend your time.
Thank you. They're a great group for sure; just 7 of the 29 other amazing artists that I live with in this collective. Living in this place has made my transition to a new city so much easier to take on, and has also jump started my career here since I live with so many models and actors who always need new photos.

Wonderful set and wow. The friendship bond gleems through.. Gret set yet again!
Thank you. The bond is definitely there! We all have big goals in the entertainment industry, and we make each other's individual and group success very seriously. Success is rarely a feat that can be achieved alone!

Looks like a fun group! These are really nice - especially dealing with bright sunlight. The 2nd and last are my favorites.
Thank you. Fortunately the beach is one of those locations that bright light isn't as much of an issue as other places; the sand is reflective enough to fill in shadows created by a harsh light source.

beautiful photos.. glad you took your camera...

Thank you!

The weather there looks absolutely incredible. Here in the Portland area the weather the past week has been absolutely Dreadful with rain pretty much every day, at some point.

The weather there looks absolutely incredible. Here in the Portland area the weather the past week has been absolutely Dreadful with rain pretty much every day, at some point.
I can't get over how amazing the weather here is; today the high was 86, and tomorrow will be 93. The gloomy weather in Portland was too unbearable for me, but I really miss all of the evergreen trees.

Most reactions

Back