Savanna Sunset

Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.matttilghman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The word "savanna" is often associated with Africa. But by its literal definition -- a temperate grassland scattered with trees where rainfall is seasonal -- savannas can be found many other places, especially California. This savanna is in the North Table Mountain Ecological Preserve, near Chico. This photo is taken in late spring, at perhaps the peak of green-ness. The seasonal rainfall is about to stop for good, after which it will only take a few weeks for the hot sun to turn this entire area a dry shade of gold. But for these few precious months, the area feels like a lush slice of paradise.

This is a bit more simple than my usual photographs, but I still like it. It makes me feel calm, perhaps because it reminds me of being there, and the place was just so serene. Hope you like it!

savannaS2-M.jpg

Larger Version

Last edited:
I think there may be something wrong with your link to the larger version; doesn't work for me, anyway.

Nice photo from what I can see of it in the smaller version. But I gotta admit, I read the title wrong and expected to see a scene from Savannah, GA. :lol:
This is nice too, though. ;)

Nice photo ........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back