Saving a Bridal Session

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The location this bride had chosen for her bridals had been locked down tight until March. (is that her responsibility or mine, to check on availability of locations?)

The bride's make-up lady had relatives nearby in the hills. And since the time a bride puts into her bridals almost equals the time put into the wedding itself, I NEVER reschedule a bridal session.

So here's my attempt at saving a bridal session!

4392037763_2533c43cba.jpg

4392020649_5cc46b5985.jpg

4392790760_b05db05a84.jpg

4392790904_663865327b.jpg

4392791002_9bf4e17fed.jpg

4392807230_bd0f990800.jpg

#1 is my favorite. the others seem like there is just to much white in the shot. I have never shot a winter wedding but can imagine all the challenages that may come along with it.

My feelings are that you would be marketing yourself much better if you took it upon yourself to check up on those things as often as possible. While I might not be willing to make it an official responsibility, it sure would be nice if you could let the bride know as soon as possible that her chosen location is unavailable. Everybody wins.

Very nice photos, by the way.

The location this bride had chosen for her bridals had been locked down tight until March. (is that her responsibility or mine, to check on availability of locations?)

IMO, if she picked the location, she should have checked on the availability. It wouldn't have hurt to check yourself if you had thought of it, but I wouldn't feel responsible.

Although a couple are a little overexposed for my taste, and the bride blends in to the snow a little too well on #4, I would still call this a great save.... :thumbup:.

IMHO it is the Photographer's responsibility to NOT get into a pissing contest with the Bride or anyone else about the details of the wedding. (not that you are) The initial consultation is when and where these things should be decided. Experience is what makes the difference. Add one more item to your check list.

Nice shots BTW!

I like your work. About resposibility.. It all depends on how you work. If you are on photo-journalistic photography, that makes no senses, you capture everything thats going on :) you not interfere with all event. Simply all details, work style and a day plan should be talked before weddings.

Sorry of my English

I like your work. About resposibility.. It all depends on how you work. If you are on photo-journalistic photography, that makes no senses, you capture everything thats going on :) you not interfere with all event. Simply all details, work style and a day plan should be talked before weddings.

Sorry of my English

Thanks DZ. I checked out your work on Facebook. VERY NICE!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back