Website
www.artzam.com
.. so I shot em!

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

First attempt at anythng this fast - wasn't easy I can tell ya!

Tony :shock: How could you look at them FROM ABOVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tony :shock: How could you look at them FROM ABOVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you jump really high at the right moment, then press the shutter..... :lol:

A hard climb up the side of a mountain, sit for ten minutes to make sure that no heart attack is going to take place, then wait for them to come up the valley and click like mad in the vain hope that you manage to keep them in the frame! :thumbup:

Great vantage point! How exciting it must have been to see them zoom by. Good job keeping them in the frame (I'd have failed miserably, I'm sure)

That is hard, I was shooting nitro powered drag cars that travel 0-300mph in 5 seconds, so I can understand and commend you on a job well done, they look great. Better hope you dont in trouble for shooting at the planes!!

OH!!! Tony! the first one rocks! and the angle in all of them is awesome! great job!

that is cool! I attempted something similar close to Loch Lomond in Scotland, looking down on such planes and shooting them (with the camera of course).. but nothig good came out .. they were to fast.. or I was too slow ;) :(

the scenery was actually very similar :)

The Mach Loop by any chance? or up on the M6??

nice to see a few F3s, not seen one since I was last at The Hawk Conservancy! There always seems to be one going down to Boscombe
Well it looks like an F3 to me :lol:

EDIT Hang on looks more like a Jag the more I look at them, thought all the Jags had gone?

#1 & #3 ROCK

WOW. #3 hands down for me. How very exciting!

Lostprophet gets the location - mach loop in deepest Wales.

As for the plane, I haven't got a clue. Although there were a few Hawks (??) going through when I was climbing up and down so didn't get a shot of them.

Light was a bit dull so it was a toss-up between ISO and shutter speed, I sacrificed shutter speed and practiced panning!

Best thing is, the missus loved it and she plans for us to go back there in the summer sometime which is ok by me :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the comments guys - makes the climb worth it!

Is it true that with stuff like that you should try to move the camera with the object while taking the shot?

Those are some amazing shots! How fast of a shutter did you use for those?

Is it true that with stuff like that you should try to move the camera with the object while taking the shot?

Those are some amazing shots! How fast of a shutter did you use for those?

Yes, you need to pan the camera otherwise you would more than likely miss it, so get it in your viewfinder, follow it and shoot!

Settings were manual, ISO 200, F4 1/350th sec metered from a patch of grass.

Lostprophet - I used that site in an internet cafe in Bala to find out where the best place was, some good info on there - in a couple of weeks, I'm heading up the M6 but don't think I'll have time to stop and wait for planes.

Chicagophotoshop - It is pretty noisy, you hear a crackling as they come up the valley, then full on jet sound - then my wife cheering from the bottom of the valley :D she took a recording on her mobile, I'll see if I can get it into the right format for here and put a link to it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back