What's new

a D80 pic of my cat with my new 50mm F/1.8

bender73

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i am very new to SLR, but i thought this was cool.

D80
Exposure time: 10/25 (0.40000)
F-stop: 1.8
ISO speed: 200
No Retouching

i tried to blur the back and bring out the greenish light hitting the wall.

D80_toby1_50mm_sm.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/161591/D80_toby1_50mm_sm.jpg
 
The green background makes the cats green eyes look really cool. f/1.8 is a fast lens!
 
I agree with Olympus. The cat's eyes look amazing. Nice shot. Don't you love that lens? :D
 
I agree with Olympus. The cat's eyes look amazing. Nice shot. Don't you love that lens? :D

thanks! yes, i love working with a 50mm prime lens. poor light or low light...it's great. awesome lens for portraits and cats!

D80_lucy1_sm.jpg
 
Your cat looks ever so cute in the second photo here, well, that other cat of yours.
And the black one with its yellow/green eyes looks PERFECT against that yellow/green background. The fact that those two colours show twice really enhances the eyes. I like that fact a lot (and want a 50mm lens, but I fear I'll never get one.... :( ).
 
The second picture almost looks like you talked to the cat and had it pose that way, its pose is just so "humanly" (for lack of a better word) :D
 
thanks! Lucy, the 2nd cat, loves to pose :)
 
not very sharp, for a 1.8
 
i know a cat with the same eyes and look
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom