Sayings...

I just checked with my Alabama-born, Georgia-raised hubby and he had never heard of that one.

Just means you're even more unique than we thought, Aubrey. :mrgreen:

hobbes28 said:
I guess my town in SC was smaller than I thought. :oops:

The 2% rule is: In order to operate something, e.g. a stapler, a computer, a car, etc..., you have to be at least 2% smarter than said object. I fall around 1.5% a lot of times myself. :lol:

markc said:
I'm glad it didn't have anything to do with milk.

I'm allergic to milk.

Both of ya! :cokespit: :biglaugh:

Well...we say similar things, but not the 2% thing.

Usually for us you just say "Ya gotta be smarter than what you're workin with"

hobbes28 said:
I guess my town in SC was smaller than I thought. :oops:

The 2% rule is: In order to operate something, e.g. a stapler, a computer, a car, etc..., you have to be at least 2% smarter than said object. I fall around 1.5% a lot of times myself. :lol:

Back in my retail days (yes, I worked retail at one time - electronic stores), when a customer came in with a problem with an electronic equipment just because they didn't know how to use it, we said the problem was E.S.O. (Equipment Superior to Operator). So, when we were taking things in and someone would ask "is it defective?" we would answer no, it's E.S.O. That way the customer had no clue what we were talking about and the employees knew what to do with it. :mrgreen: Now you know what that means if you ever return an electronic equipment to a retail store!

hobbes28 said:
I'll wait until the cuzzins grimm chime in before I give it away. :D

Dude ... I live on the SWAG method ... and I guarantee you ... it's a whole lot more than 2%!!!!!!!!!

I'm suprised that the opportunity to not be smarter than every day inanimate objects presents itself so frequently.

yo brother from a different mother, i knew what you meant... i have heard that before...but it was ages ago...and funny thing, reading it sounds different than saying it....

and wouldnt you know, i'm older than you or cuz nicole.... so ofcourse i know the 2% rule..

kinda like the 5 second rule...if it hits the ground, you got 5 seconds to pick it up and eat it, and its not dirty.... cause bacteria needs more than 5 seconds to jump on your cookie...

then there is the 3 minute rule.... give a bore three minutes before your cell has vibrated and you gotta go....

i usually cut that to a minute and a half if they are really pr*cks...

hmmm....anymore that blow your mind???

i work with a flock of yankees, and they come smooth unglued when i get a tad on the ticked off side, and start spouting all manner of evil....

they think it witchcraft.....nahhh....its southerisms.... worse than witchcraft....these stick 'wit ya!

*did you kiss evelyn for me, today???*

i wasnt aware that there was an actuall percentage of inteligence, i knew you had to be smarter, just didnt realize it was only 2%

nvr2low said:
i wasnt aware that there was an actuall percentage of inteligence, i knew you had to be smarter, just didnt realize it was only 2%

I think the implication of me quoting it is enough here...

Most reactions

Back