SB-600 How Many?

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found another SB-600, this one new, unfired with all parts. box, receipt for $225. This makes 3.

Me thinks 3 is good for light CLS portrait work. Where to buy good but inexpensive stands? (USA)

You may want to check locally. I found a heavy-duty air cushioned 13 foot recently for $40. You don't need that much (yet), just sayin'.

I'd suggest for a 7-8 foot tall minimum medium duty. You may also want to look for a boom arm for more options with positioning one of the lights.

Just bear in mind that cheap $hit wears out quicker, is usually flimsy and more ackward to use, and you're putting $$$ on top of it (the flash).

BH have a big variety of stands for cheap.

I picked up two on ebay... should be in next week. I liked the comments so I bought them... I just hope the comments weren't staged!

Wish me luck!

B&H has the IMPACT brand light stands for real cheap. They have a kit with 2 stands, 2 swivels and 2 umbrellas for $100.

(I was told that this was their house brand)

I just picked this up myself and am pretty impressed with the quality of the stands. IIRC they're air-cushioned too.

I have also have 3-SB-600's. Having 3ea has been a habbit of mine (25's, 28's, 80dx's). I have just 1- SB-900 though.

As for stands I bought a 10 pack of 8' Chinese stands off ebay. Worked out to like $16 a stand including shipping. They actually suprised me when I got them. They are just fine, and I trust them. Very good deal.

thanks for the tips and links. I didn't buy that flash today, got this instead...

70-200f28vr.jpg

I'm still collecting gear, another flash as soon as my wife cools down a little ;)

Sb-600's are great.

But with mine and large shoots, I have found myself wanting the SB-900 for the power port (SD-9 capable), to increase refresh rates. Of course that's along with the power, ease of use, and host of other things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back