SB-600

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i just got my SB-600 yesterday for my D90. I read the manual and just played with it a bit yesterday. Just looking for some tips and advice on it. Also how often is the manual mode used? Is it something I should try to become pretty comfortable with?

one thing that i did that opened up my options was taking it off cam.
i just have a D40, so i need a cable to do it (or radio triggers, but for now i have the cable).

just play play play with light....bounce, diffuse, enjoy!

check out stobist.com if you havent yet. :D

Use whichever exposure mode you like, change settings like compensation till your happy with the image from the camera, manual is great if you have fiddling time on your hands, pro's use the mode best suited for the job, in my case, almost always aperture priority with EC set to suit me, fast, efficient, its a tool which needs tweaking, tweak it. H

My flash is never on manual when it's on the camera. Too many variables change. It's bad enough sticking to lighting but if I take a step forward the variables would change.

First thing you should do is start learning to get the flash off the camera, when it's off then use it in manual. Now moving around doesn't change your flash to subject distance much. With a D90 you *should* (I haven't tried) be able to set off the flash using wireless CLS. Set your on camera flash to commander, and your SB-600 to remote and get snapping :)

Most reactions

Back