sb600 & photoshop noob. C&C needed.

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been practicing using my sb600 + DIY bouncecard and learning the basics of photoshop.

1. sb600 + reflector above plate; SOOC shot
4423380932_7599da95e8.jpg

2. sb600 + bouncecard + photoshop. I made a few adjustments in PS, desaturated a tad, and cloned out some spots.
4426775442_ab216e4f62.jpg

3. I didnt use my sb600 here, but I did make adjustments in photoshop (curves, desaturation) & cloned out some spots.
4428174779_23ef3796fb.jpg

Any suggestions/ tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
The meatloaf on the first one looks pretty gross. To eat I mean. :lol:

I like the guitar shot quite a bit. The scene and composition gives the inanimate object personality. Feels more human and less like a still life.

^^ Sorry idk all the correct terms for PS, but on the guitar pic I adjusted the settings in 'curves', 'saturation', and cloned out a drink stain on the left couchseat.

I like the guitar shot quite a bit. The scene and composition gives the inanimate object personality. Feels more human and less like a still life.

Yup! Have you read my sig?

nope, i guess i didn't.
just said my initial gut feelings.
kudos for doing what you sought after.

Is that your guitar? Do you play?
I just got my first flash recently so I cannot give you any lighting tips. Sorry. :greenpbl:

2nd picture the lighting is awesome. i really like it.

first one, i dunno....its just not working. angle sucks, light sucks, its just boring.
the light is too flat, and it doesn't really do anything for the photo. its the problem when you bounce, you get one big uniform light source. shoot with the light coming from an angle not normally seen, like the side for example, and you'll get a lot more texture and depth to the plate.

2nd picture the lighting is awesome. i really like it.

first one, i dunno....its just not working. angle sucks, light sucks, its just boring.
the light is too flat, and it doesn't really do anything for the photo. its the problem when you bounce, you get one big uniform light source. shoot with the light coming from an angle not normally seen, like the side for example, and you'll get a lot more texture and depth to the plate.

Yea the 1st pic was when I decided to mess around w/ bouncing my flash. I will keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks!

I didn't want to make a new thread for just 1 pic so I added it to the 1st post (pic #3). I used a flash light and edited thru photoshop. Lmk what you think.

I like how the light imitated the shape of the shadow from the ring.

#3 is really good as well.

were you just drunk when you took #1 then?

2 and 3 are worlds above #1, hard to believe you took all 3 hahaha

the photo of the guitar is really nice :) possibly darken the corners a bit?

I like the guitar shot, although, I would have spent more time making the couch look new(er). I agree with others on the first shot, not doing anything for me. The third shot looks great, I'm just sick of seeing this shot done over and over. Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

Back