SB700 or SB910

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had both once upon a time, and I've never used both in the same situations. I've used the SB700 for macro and a little bit of outdoor portraits, and I've used the SB910 for weddings and other larger venues. I don't have them any more, but I am about to buy one again. Which one would you go with and why? I never knew this, but the sales guy told me that power output is the same on both, which I didn't think was true and am too lazy to look up. So, which one should I buy?

I have both, the sb910 is maybe 1 stop more powerful. In the commander mode the SB 910 will give you A, B, and C groups while the SB700 only A-B. I know the 910 will highspeed sync, not sure about the 700. All in all I see no reason to choose the SB700 over the SB910.

If the cost is not an issue, get the one with the latest technology. SB-910

If cost is an issue, go with a Yongnuo 568, same features and power as the 910 for around $120.00 or so.

Meike MK-910 is a knockoff of the SB-910 for around $130. I have it and treated me well. HSS works great and TTL is consistent. But it it the quickest flash to overheat I have ever used. Just like its real brother the 910 from the reviews I read on it. The controls of the MK are different from what I understand but I could not elaborate on that.

Sub-910 is due in tomorrow. I've had one before to shoot several weddings with. I've never had a problem with over heating even with super pew pew

Sub-910 is due in tomorrow. I've had one before to shoot several weddings with. I've never had a problem with over heating even with super pew pew

i think it was the SB900 that had the overheating issue.
the 900 and 910 have more power than the 700.
the sb700 is a great flash (ive had several and still have one) but you cant go wrong
getting a 910.

Most reactions

Back